Like before, it’s songs I liked this year that weren’t strictly from this year. Remember that there’s no ranking, just all the one’s I found listening to more than once.
1. Day in Life by the Beatles
My day in life is full of me coming close to depression.
2. Prayer for the Dying by Seal
A moment of silence for all those who participated in the Area 51 Raid
3. Living in Another World by Talk Talk
“Hi, police? Yes, my neighbor is blaring this old song in his house. Can you please go over there and snuff him out?”
4. It’s My Life by Talk Talk
Every teenager to their parent ever.
5. No Diggity by Black Street
“I like to back it up~” Me to the park car behind me.
6 Summertime Magic by Childish Gambino
Love the summer romance mood this song gives.
7. New Donk City from Mario Odyssey
8. Tadow (Extended Version) by Maseago and FKJ
Truth be told, the beginning is better than the second half.
9. Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
This song is like an ancient folklore to me. If it played for high fantasy villain, I’d buy it.
10. “The Wall” Album by Pink Floyd
One of the best musical experiences in a long while. It all feels like one song due to how connected each individual piece feels.
11. Dogs by Pink Floyd
A harsh reality check for all businessmen
12. Electric Shock by Gorillaz
This song never got an official release. It’s more of a beta song for Plastic Beach. Yet, I wish both versions were officially released in some capacity.
Feels So Good by Chuck Mangoine
14. Us and Them + Any Color You Like by Pink Floyd
“Remember the good old days-days-days-days-days” A man before the drugs kicked in.
15. Soft Rain by Paul Hardcastle
I wish my home state weather would be soft, you know what I mean?
16. My Eyes Adored You by Frankie Valli
It’s either a very beautiful love song or a creeper song to you. Take your pick.
17. Lisztomania by Phoenix
There’s a high energy, playful nature to this song.
18. Magic by Kylie Minogue
The good thing about working on the 100 songs of the year before the New Year is being able to change it literally as you work on it.
19. Echoes Rising By Paul Hardcastle
My brain listens to this when I travel to a new world.
20. Everything Now by Arcade Fire
“Sir, you say the Arcade’s on fire? Everything has changed…”
21. The Smooth Loft by Paul Hardcastle
22. Garden of Eden by Micheal E
The only bliss we’ll ever hear from the place we’re not allowed in.
23. All Eyes on Me from Final Fantasy 8
This title becomes more horrifying in the sequel
24. Lucid Dreaming by Micheal E
Dreams and drug trips in physical form
25. Somebody Else by 1975
There’s always somebody else.
26. Forever Young by Alphaville
The anthem of Man-Babies
27. I Always Kill The Things I love by Claudia Brunken
Her boyfriend starts sweating
28. Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust
Me to my headphones
29. Peaches by Justin Bieber
I don’t think he’s talking about the fruits or the butts
30. Leave the Door Open by Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak
This song is about to cause another boomer generation.
31. The Way You Are by Timberland
I miss the 2000s
32. Louisiana Hero from “Falcon and The Winter Soldier”
One of the most badass ending themes for a show. If only the show had a good ending.
33. When Am I Gonna Lose You by Local Natives
34. It’s Not Living by 1975
Said everyone in the Walking Dead.
35. She’s American by 1975
The colonists when they saw North America
36. You by Regard and Tate
Probably the most listened song on this list.
37. Sweet Emotions by Aerosmith
“Just keep going. He’ll be at this all day.”
38. Looking For Love by Jody Walter
Aren’t we all!
39. Piano from “SSSS Dynazenon”
A somber theme to a melancholic robot anime.
40. Love’s Theme by The Love Unlimited Orchestra
At least one doesn’t make me want to cry. *Cough* Mother 3 *Cough*.
41. The Oracle from Secret of Mana
The remake version is maniacal genius.
42. Montero by Lil Nas X
The music video sucks but the song is catchy.
43. Ride or Die by The Knocks and Foster the Kids
All going into the world should listen to this song.
44. Our Story from Mother 4
An exciting introduction to a new fan interpretation to this cult classic
45. Layon the Line by D-selections
A badass ending song to an anime I never watched.
46. LiveDevil from Kamen Rider Revice
One of the best Kamen Rider openings since last year.
47. Star Cave from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
A place that made Bidoof more than an HM Slave
48. Fabulous Secret Power by Slackcircus
A surprisingly sad song for a funny meme
49. Stargazer by Rainbow
First time I ever headbanged to a song?
50. Rasputin by Boney M
I now want to know a lot about Rasputin because of this song.
51. Sugar from Super Crooks
A chill RNB song for a great anime.
52. Zeta Suite from Zeta Gundam
An epic opening that fits well with the militaristic opera of Zeta Gundam. Finally, an American change that’s good.
53. Travelogue by Leavv
54. Stars over Lake Verity by Braxton Burks
As a Gen 4 fan, this rendition put a tear in my eye.
55. Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac
A slow but tough song perfect for a Western
56. Goofy’s Trial by Pink Guy
The demon’s told me too!
57. Three Evil Weapons from Gundam Seed
Never watched the show. Might become a druggy.
57. The Entire Album of Char’s Counterattack
A perfect conclusion to the love between Char and Amuro.
58. Deja vu by Gorillaz
Yeah, I get that too.
59. Tracer from Gundam Hathaway
Oh sh!t, they’ve been traced!
60. Kiss Me More by Doja Cat
My inner soul loves this song.
61. Signs of the Times by Harry Styles
My inner soul cries to this song.
61. Watermelon Suger by Harry Styles
My inner soul’s just hungry.
62. I’m an Asshole by Denis Leary
We’re all one from time to time. I’m just worst.
63. Death Theme rendition by Yo Yo Ma
As if the original wasn’t sad enough.
64. The Spirit of the Radio by Rush
I listened to this during a workout and now I’m a Pillarman
65. Alapu Upala (All Versions) from Godzilla Singular Point
Japan is on a mission to make Godzilla the most terrifying eldritch horror of our time.
66. Met Him Last Night by Demi Lovato and Ariana Grande
I guess hot men are the devil?
67. Save Your Tears by The Weekend and Ariana Grande
Ariana Grande is the only reason why I like this song. Ariana Grande makes every song better.
68. Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
The Zeppelin as it flies through a thunderstorm.
69. 34 +35 by Ariana Grande
70. Paperback Writer by The Beatles
I relate to this song a little too much.
71. Memoria from Final Fantasy 9
When I finally got here, my jaw dropped. A fascinating final dungeon that makes you ponder more than excited.
72. Necron’s Theme from Final Fantasy 9
One of the few times a game made my skin crawl.
73. Find Your Way from Final Fantasy 8
The mystery of the way in musical form.
74. Thriller by Micheal Jackson
They play this in Transylvania a lot.
75. Have Yourself A Merry Christmas by Sam Smith
Anyone else experiencing an extremely hot December? Now, no one in the comments answer from Arizona.
76. Fly Like an Eagle by Seal
Move over Space Jam, this was the movie’s real standout!
77. Who Dat Boy by Tyler the Creator
Literally every time a superhero changes from their barely disguised civilian form to their barely disguised hero suit.
78. Hot Winds Blow by Tyler The Creator
A short song that hits hard!
79. Mother by John Lennon
To learn what happened to John and what he did, this song just makes me sad to think about.
80. Gonna Fly Now from Rocky
Best workout song
81. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Vallis
Necron, stop watching me!
82. Stay by Justin Bieber and Kid Laroi
The only song where Kid Laroi doesn’t sound like a broken record.
83. Phantom and a Rose from Secret of Mana
A somber song perfect for a fantasy adventure.
84. I’ll Be Lucky Someday by John Campbell
Fall off your horse!
85. Hey Ya by Outkast
You know what, this song is better than sex.
86. A Bell Is Tolling from Secret of Mana
So like, Santa’s in this game. I gotta get it.
87. Patches in the Sky from Child of Light
Shameless plug here but go read my blog post about this game! Maybe I’ll even get a sponsor from Raid Sha-
88. Through the Sea of Time from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
When the mainline game fails, return to dungeon.
89. Midna’s Lament from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The moment I truly felt something in this game. If only the stupid enemy music didn’t cut it off!
90. Lower Brinstar from Metroid Dread
When this played, I knew this game was something special. Special enough to break for speedruns!
91. Message from Nightopia from Nights into Dreams
I’d put the whole soundtrack, but this truly was my favorite song. Nights is truly something special, and I wish they’d make a new one.
Also Baland Wonderland sucks.
92. Xi from Gundam Hathaway
The grim reaper won’t come when you’re read, Hathaway.
93. Sleeping Springdale (Past) from Yokai Watch 2
This song puts a tear in my eye, knowing the fate of Yokai Watch.
94. The Trailer Song from Oddity
It’ll come when it’s ready.
95. The Entire Metal Arms Soundtrack
You know what, I am a robot! And I’m gonna- Oh jesus christ, stop firing at me! *Releases an inhuman scream*
96. Jupiter’s Lightning from Child of Light
How dare she take it from that slut Zeus!
97. Crystal World from Final Fantasy 9
To make this a corrupt version of the Prelude is pure genius!
98. Raven Beak Theme from Metroid Dread
One of the most badass villains this year. To rip off your own wing, that’s special.
99. Christmas Time is Here from Charlie Brown Christmas
No matter what, commercialism will never be the point of Christmas. Even if Santa became popular due to Coca-Cola….fu-!
100. Vast Ice Mountain from Explorers of Sky
Haven’t gotten here yet in the game, but this seriously a climatic song. I can’t wait to experience it.
All photos not of my own belong to their respective owner per all copyright laws.
And that’s my list this year. I mostly stayed within my comfort food since this year wasn’t so great. Have a good rest of your year and let’s hope… You know what, f it. Last time I hoped for a better year, 2021 happened.
Happy New Years anyway.